Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Tie down and old house

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to draw on your insight around tie downs.

In the future, I plan to replace the concrete tile roof of my mid-century home in Melbourne with a shiny new colorbond roof. In the meantime, I am renovating room by room and while the plaster is off I feel it might be an opportune time to add tie downs so we dont have to go pulling out plaster later to make it compliant with a lighter roof.

I have a bunch of time reviewing AS 1684.2 but I am failing to see how I can install the stud to bottom plate, stud to top plate and rafter to top plate tie downs when the exterior cladding and floor is in. The property is an N1 classification.

I'm now thinking of running threaded rod all the way down but even this proves difficult with the rafter offset from the stud making the pryda hold down brackets a no go.

Any advice would be a massive help - even just a push in the right direction of research would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

A pic in case it helps
    20240307_183006.jpg

Are you going to replace the weatherboard cladding at any time?
    We did and I used plywood bracing from top plate to bottom plate nailed as per the regs/tables but also glued. Where I could get access I used big "L" brackets from Bunnings and 10 or 12mm bolts to join the rafters to the top plate